A message from Mr. Amin, CEO of Shamin Hotels
Recently, Mayor Robert M ‘Bobby’ Dyer sent Shamin Hotels a thank you letter for our support in the aftermath of the Virginia Beach tragedy. I want to take this opportunity to thank the mayor and his staff for his leadership during these trying times and to recognize several members of our own team that went above and beyond to provide whatever comfort and help they could to the victim’s families.
First, thank you to Mr. Craig Stechman, VP of Sales and Marketing, for coordinating over several days between the families, our hotels and members of the administration.
Thank you to the following general managers for working diligently to provide over 90+ complimentary rooms to the grieving families.
• April Mackey, GM and her team at the Delta by Marriott Norfolk
• Rachel Inman, GM and her team at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
• Martino Destefano, GM and his team at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
• Jenny Monokrousos, GM and her team at the Courtyard by Marriott Chesapeake
• Kristin Milleson, GM and her team at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront
And to F&B Director Kristina Patton, Marketing Director Adriana Andrade and her team for their fundraising efforts through our Virginia Beach restaurants Lagerheads, Salacia, and Catch 31.
Finally, thank you to the residents and businesses of Virginia Beach for their support of the victim’s families. Shamin Hotels is proud to be a part of this amazing community and to help any way we can.